Dear R,
V has almost always been portrayed as an antagonist in all my previous writing. It is true that I had been feeling oppressed by her way. 2 weeks out of Older Persons now, as always, in retrospect, in another brand new environment, I noticed what she has taught me, what changes she has made in me, how she has shaped me in some ways, ways that would be useful in my career lifelong. Clinical (or personal) maturity, boundaries, assertiveness, power balance, "did you take a deep breath first" (before I presented my emotional self to my colleagues) and the clinical hard facts she taught me. A label of being supportive can be loosely attached to someone, but V is the real supportive consultant to the level of baby steps. I always learned a lot from her supervision too and in our CBDs. I miss some of the things she gives.
Susan is a good training supervisor. She had asked me to keep an open mind and ask a lot of questions. I will take the advice. She listed clinical benefits of home visits to me at the start of my Older Person term. I always dread change.
I will learn something from each person, each team, each place. Thank you for this advice too.
No comments:
Post a Comment